Thursday, May 30, 2013

A letter to Lee

Hi Lee, 


Thank you for the e-mail. I'm afraid I can't come to China and celebrate Chinese New Year with you. It's too far for me and I've got school these days, I am not on holidays. 

My favorite Greek celebration is Easter. I like it because it's in spring and the nature is blooming. During the Holy Week we make preparations for the Holy Saturday and the resurrection. On Holy Thursday we paint our eggs red and go to the church. On Good Friday we follow 'epitafios' which is the symbolic grave of Christ. On Holy Saturday we go to the church late at night. At the midnight the priest says " Christos anesti" which means Christ truthfully rose from grave. Then we return home and eat a traditional soup made of liver.

Would you like to come and celebrate Easter with me? I look forward to your answer.

Love from George 

1 comment:

  1. Superb email, blogger George! You can take a look at my correction, but generally speaking, it is awesome! :-)

    ReplyDelete